Here is a link on Momes website to the words too une fourmi rouge
It fits in well with our UKS2 JLN SOW cafe culture focus too!
In the song I can identify the following key words as words we already know:
rouge,bleus,points,petits,cafe au lait, morceau,sucre,nez, cuillere
Listening ,Responding and Comprehending Activities Step by Step:
- .Explain that the song is about an ant taking a walk over a cup of coffee,attracted by the sugar.Ask the children to listen for pleasure- perhaps clicking or clapping along to the beat.
- Give out the text and ask the children with a finger to follow the words as they are being sung.Pause the recording and ask the children what word they have just heard.Restart the recording and then pause later in the text etcetra.
- Give out the key words that you think the children have already met.Can they tell you the meaning of the words?
- Ask the children to draw a large cup and saucer on a piece of rough paper or a whiteboard, as them to listen to the song again and as they hear the key words to put them in the 2D cup and saucer.
- Ask the children with a bilingual dictionary to try and work out three important things from the text- the description of the ant ,the journey the ant takes across the cup of coffee and what happens to the ant.Take feedback.
- Now ask the children to listen a final time and to hold up the key words as they hear them in the text.
And now it's over to the class, to use the text and the sound recording to put together a class performance of the song , with rhythm (clapping or clicking) and a performance of the events in the text bu two of the class actors or actresses!