Spanish KS1 ,Going Bear Hunting Rhyme and Game
Suish suash, glo glo glorogló
Plochi plochi plop
Túpiti túpiti tap , suu, uuuu
Tipi tip tipi tip
İAhhhhhhhh! İEs un oso!
The children are going normally going to listen to the story vamos a cazar un oso when we play this Going on a bear hunt rhyme and game .
But they love it so much that we often play it just for fun!
Our children practise their numbers first .
3. We set up a path of numbers across the classroom and the children step carefully across the path of numbers in a line. The numbers are repeated so we have three paths of numbers of 1-10 .the children sing / chant the numbers as they walk until the teacher calls stop! The teacher calls out a number and if a child is stood on that number then they are out of the game and caught by the imaginary bear ! The teacher can call put more than one number.
4. How many bear hunters will we have left after we have played the game three times
5. Once we feel the children know their numbers well enough, we ask them to put on their bear hunter kit ( imaginary hat , binoculars , wellington boots) and we pretend to go out to see what the terrain is like .
6. For each of the terrains – as in the book – we have a sound to represent the terrain
Suish suash glo glo glorogló = river
Plochi plochi plop= mud
Túpiti túpiti tap= forest and owls
Suu, uuuu= snow storm
Tipi tip tipi tip = inside a cave
7. We need to become good explorers , so we practise the sounds and add actions
8. We ask the children to close their eyes and come with us on an imaginary journey through the different terrains .The teacher tells the story in English of their journey and the children join in with sounds that “colour” in the terrain that is described . they are the sound effects.
9. Now they are finally ready to become” Bear explorers “! They need to practise the rhyme , remember their actions and their numbers too …..but when they get to the end of the rhyme they need to listen out for you to shout out / whisper / say very quickly etc the final line İAhhhhhhhh! İEs un oso!
10. When they hear you say the final line, they must freeze frame and stay very still until you have counted backwards very slowly from 10-1. If they move then the bear will catch them!